Hair Dryers are the most essential and straightforward hair styling tool for both men and women.
However, choosing the best hair dryer is not the simplest of tasks. Everyone has a different hair texture and thickness, so you need to consider your hair type and choose the best hair dryer accordingly.
Further, Hair dryers also come in various types. You need to assess multiple factors when buying a new Hairdryer.
Like the quality of material used to make the dryer. How much power does the Hairdryer have? How heavy or light is the machine? What features and convenience settings do hair dryers offer to help in easier use for you?
Choosing the right hair dryer decreases your chances of damaging your hair and ending with brittle, fried hair.
This article will try to answer some of the important questions you might have: Which is the best hair dryer for your hair type? What features to look for when buying a Hairdryer? Does using a Hairdryer offer advantages or disadvantages?
Details and Reviews of Best Hair Dryers in India
The team at BestPriceBuys evaluates thousands of products, consumer buying patterns on online stores and analyzes numerous customer reviews. It will help you get insights into the Best Hair Dryers in India, allows you to get the benefit of great offers when buying a Hair Dryer for your Haircare and Styling needs.
Philips BHD006/00 Hair Dryer Review
Philips BHD006/00 Hair Dryer is a compact, powerful, and relatively quieter model. With its 1600W power, you can use it for gentle drying and styling your hair beautifully.
This hair dryer from Philips has ThermoProtect to control temperature settings and protect against overheating. It offers three-speed settings and comes with a Cool Shot to set your style. It is easy to use and has a foldable handle for easy storage and portability. Further, its dual voltage feature allows you to use it worldwide if you travel frequently.
The model also has Philips Green Logo, which offers significant environmental improvement by reducing costs, energy consumption, and CO2 emissions.
- Designed for quieter drying, Foldable handle for easy storage
- Dual voltage for worldwide use, Easy storage hook for convenient storage. Voltage: 110-127 / 220-240 V; Motor: DC Motor
- 1.8m cord for maximum flexibility, 1600W for gentle drying, Frequency: 50-60 Hz ; Color/finishing: ABS high gloss and matt
- ThermoProtect temperature setting, 3 flexible speed settings for gentle drying ; Dimensions: 125*80*245mm
- Cool Shot sets your style, Quieter drying ; The design of the air inlet grill allows for increased air flow while, the shape and size of the dryer improves flow of the air through the dryer and this hairdryer has foldable handle, making it easy to pack, store and take with you anywhere you go
- 2 Years Manufacturer Warranty from date of purchase
AGARO HD-1214 Premium Hair Dryer Review
The AGARO HD-1214 Premium Hair Dryer comes power-packed with the most attractive pricing. This hair dryer model from AGARO has 1400 Watt power that creates an optimum level of airflow for gentle drying. It also includes a Concentrator nozzle to focus airflow to provide you with the precise styling of your choice.
AGARO HD-1214 Premium Hair Dryer has two Speeds and three Temperature Settings for convenience. It also provides a Cool Shot Button. The Auto Shut-Off Function of the model helps in preventing overheating.
This model is lightweight and compact, with an ergonomic and foldable design that makes it very portable and convenient to fit in your bag.
- Honeycomb air inlet for better air flow
- Lightweight, compact and stylist with foldable handle to make it travel friendly
- Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups touch-ups
- 1400 watt hair dryer creates optimum level of airflow for gentle drying Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups beautiful results
- Includes hanging loop Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups 1.8 meter extra long cord
- Auto shut-off function for over heating protection
- Includes cool shot button, that provides a burst of cold air to help set the desired hairstyle
Havells HD3201 Hair Dryer Review
The Havells HD3201 model of hair dryer from Havells offers silent performance. It provides gentle drying with its 1500w power and has three temperature settings (hot, warm, and cool).
It has ionic care to give you shiny hair and cool airflow to set your hairstyle in place and protect against overheating, eliminating frizz and ensuring soft, glossy and managed hair.
- 2 year guarantee
- Gentle drying with 1500w
- 3 temperature settings (hot, warm and cool)
- Ionic care for shiny hair
- Cool air flow to set the style in place
- Foldable handle
- Concentrator with fixed nozzle. Power Required (Volts): AC 220 - 240 V. Number of Speed Settings: 2
- Powerful and efficient blow dry for quick results
- Country of Origin: China
Philips HP8120/00 Hair Dryer Review
Philips HP8120/00 Hair Dryer is an economical choice from Philips hairdryer’s product portfolio. With its 1200W power, you get fast and gentle drying capabilities. Can use it for gentle drying and styling your hair beautifully.
The Concentrator focuses the airflow to the desired section of your hair for a polished, shiny look. The Thermo Protect temperature setting prevents the risk of overheating. It also offers a cool air setting for extra gentle drying and styling.
The Philips HP8120/00 Hair Dryer model has three pre-selected drying settings for different needs. The Compact design and foldable handle help in easy handling and better portability.
- 1200W Gentle drying for beautiful results
- Concentrator focuses the airflow for a polished, shiny look
- Thermo Protect temperature setting
- Cool air setting for extra gentle drying
- Foldable handle for easy portability
- 3 Flexible pre-selected drying settings for different needs
- Compact design for easy handling and carrying
- Fast air setting for efficient but gentle drying
HANA Skin Plus Hair Dryer Review
The HANA Skin Plus Hair Dryer offers professional hair dryer features at a budget pricing. This HANA professional hairdryer is equipped with three heat and two-speed settings to meet your daily styling needs. The model has Negative Ionic Technology that helps enhance hair’s natural shine and eliminates frizz for healthy-looking, smooth results.
The 360-degree airflow diffuses hair evenly and gently to maximize volume while reducing frizz and enhance your natural curl and texture. The model comes with two different air connector are ideal for precision styling on straight and curly hair. It has a removable Air Filter for easy cleaning and comes with a long, thick cord to ensure safety and quality. The HANA Skin Plus Hair Dryer has a professional AC motor which makes the hairdryer durable.
- Presently the bullet points are:
- Overheating protection ensures safety
- This hair dryer protects your lovely looks from excess heat with the health breeze mode that helps in the gentle drying of hair Compact design for easy handling
- Low Noise with patent.
- With Hot & Cold Feature & 2 Speed Settings.
Philips BHD007/20 Hair Dryer Review
The Philips BHD007/20 Hair Dryer comes with 1800W power creating the perfect airflow and drying power level. The Cool Shot feature provides a burst of cold air. Use after styling to set and finish your style.
This Philips Hair Dryer works on Ionic conditioning to give your hair instant care. The Negative ions eliminate static and condition the hair to intensify the hair’s shine, glossiness and provides you with smooth and frizz-free hair.
The ThermoProtect temperature setting provides the optimal drying temperature and gives additional protection from overheating the hair. It has three-speed settings and comes with a concentrator attachment.
The Philips BHD007/20 hairdryer has a foldable handle, making it easy to pack, store and take with you anywhere you go.
- Cool Shot sets your style, Ion conditioning: Yes
- Ionic conditioning for shiny, frizz-free hair
- ThermoProtect temperature setting
- 3 flexible speed settings for gentle drying
- 1800W for perfect drying results ; Voltage: 110-127 / 220-240 V ; Frequency: 50-60 Hz ; Motor: DC Motor ; Cord length: 1.8 m ; Hanging loop: Yes
Panasonic EH-ND11A Hair Dryer Review
The Panasonic EH-ND11A Hair Dryer has 1000W power, which provides powerful yet gentle air to dry the hair effectively within minutes. Turbo mode produces high-speed uniform airflow that can set tresses and dry locks efficiently.
This Panasonic hair dryer offers two heat settings to select the amount of heat required for different hairstyles. You can easily vary the heat and the speed of the air with just a simple push on the handle.
This hair dryer is light in weight and has an ergonomic design that is very easy to hold and operate. With its compact, convenient, portable size, this hairdryer fits anywhere and can be carried easily in your traveling bags and backpacks. It is suitable for your daily hair drying and styling needs.
- Light in weight, ergonomic design: This hair dryer is light in weight and has an ergonomic design that is very easy to hold and operate. It has a hanging notch at the base so that it can be hung by a hook near the closet or wardrobe.
- Warranty Information: 2 Year Standard Manufacturer Warranty by Panasonic from the Date of Purchase
- Dual speed selection: This hair dryer offers two speed settings to select the amount of speed required for different hairstyles. The speed of the air can be easily varied with just the simple push on the handle.
- 1.8 m. long tangle-free cord: It is equipped with a 1.8 m long tangle free cord. The cord enables easy utilization without pulling it out of the power socket when you yank it. It increases the range of the device so that you can use the dryer comfortably.
- 1000 W turbo dry: The dryer consumes 1000-Watt power which provides powerful yet gentle air to dry the hair effectively within minutes. Turbo mode produces high speed uniform airflow that can set tresses and dry locks efficiently.
- Compact design, portable size: With its compact, convenient, portable size this hair dryer fits anywhere. It is portable enough to be carried easily in your travelling bags and backpacks so that you can keep your personal stylist close to you always.
Remington D5000 Hair Dryer Review
The Remington D5000 Hair Dryer is an amazingly powerful and compact little hair dryer. This hair dryer from Remington makes drying and styling your hair quick and easy. Its compact design makes it a is perfect take-along for vacations and weekend getaways.
It is powerful, with 1800W for rapid drying and maximum airflow. The three heat and two-speed settings dry your hair quickly and gently. Concentrator nozzle to direct airflow control and also helps to cut down frizz.
- 1800 Watt
- 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- Eco Setting - Using dryer on the mid heat setting saves more energy than using it on the high heat setting
- Concentrator for precision styling
- Removable easy clean rear grille
- Hang-up loop
- A Travel Dryer Easy to Carry
- Country of origin - China
Wahl 5439-024 Hair Dryer Review
The Wahl 5439-024 Super Dry Professional Styling Hair Dryer is integrated with Tourmaline Technology that provides Anti-static hair blow and maintains healthy-looking hair. This Wahl hair dryer model is aptly named Super Dry as it has 2000W power that helps dry your hair fast and with ease. The two professional nozzles help you direct the flow of air as required and attain the desired hairstyle. It also offers a diffuser attachment that diffuses the flow of air and helps add volume to the curls and waves of the hair.
Wahl 5439-024 hair dryer has three temperature settings and two-speed settings for drying your hair rapidly and effectively. It is equipped with the cool shot feature to help retain the hair’s natural shine and prevent damage caused by heat.
- Power Required (Volts) : 220 - 240 V. Foldable : No
- For drying your hair instantly without losing its shine, the 2000 W Wahl SuperDry Hair Dryer is must-have
- It has three variable heat settings and 2 speed settings to be of optimum use ; Modes: Not Applicable
- Professional AC Collector Motor, Latest Tourmaline Technology
- Package content: Pack of one Wahl 5439-024 Super Dry Professional Styling Hair Dryer, User guide
- The Wahl Hair dryer has the useful Cold Shot button feature that prevents heat-induced damages to your hair. Universal voltage : No
- For any query contact_us on: [ 1800-3000-0765 ] Email ID : [email protected]
- Performance Features: The Wahl dryer has the useful Cold Shot feature that prevents heat-induced damages to your hair
CARRERA 531 Professional Hair Dryer Review
The CARRERA 531 Professional Hair Dryer has a powerful 2400 Watts single turbine motor with two-speed controls, three Heat Steps, and a Cool Shot Button. Hairdryers come with a sleek styling nozzle and professional volume diffuser for providing style, voluminous curls, and bounce to your hair.
It is a professional series Hair Dryers for Men and Women by CARRERA, a German brand. The hairdryer has titanium ceramic coating and works on Ionic technology.
- ★ Professional series Hair Dryers for Men and Women by CARRERA (GERMANY) - Premium Luxury Brand from Cars to Home Appliances
- ★ Hairdryers with Styling Nozzle and Volume Diffuser for style, voluminous curls and bounce
- ★ Powerful 2400 Watts Single Turbine Motor with 2 Speed Control, 3 Heat Steps, and Cool Shot Button
- ★ Permanent ionization, Air Flow infused with Argan Oil & Keratin for smoother, healthier & shinier hair
SYSKA HD1610 Hair Dryer Review
SYSKA HD1600 hair dryer is a compact and lightweight model that is easy to use. It has 1000W power and is provided with two different temperature settings to give you comfortable hair drying. The heat balance technology protects the device from overheating. The hairdryer from Syska has a compact design to suit easy storage.
The narrow concentrator is built in the model allows for targeted flow. Its honeycomb inlet provides efficient air for quick drying. It also comes with a rubber storage hook for safe storage. It is suitable for everyday use for your Hair.
- Syska HD1600 hair dryer is lightweight compact design to use & carry conveniently. It also comes with wave heating element for instant heating up and fast drying
- Gentle drying for everyday styling. With heat balance technology the over-heating protection and concentrator maintains moisture of hair
- 2 years warranty
- In-Built concentrator for desired hair style/look with 2 speed setting with Cord Length: 1.8M
- UNIFORM TEMPERATURE: Constant caring temperature to maintain your hairs natural moisture level for shiny and healthy-looking hair
Nova NHP 8108 Hair Dryer Review
The NOVA NHP 8108 hair dryer has 1400W power and equips with EHD+ Technology that ensures the right amount of heat distribution without damaging your hairs. It comes with thermo-protect temperature settings to prevent overheating and provide you the shine and style you need.
This hair dryer from Nova features a powerful high-torque DC motor that delivers powerful airflow, helping you dry and style your hair faster. The two speeds and temperature settings allow custom heat and airflow to enhance waves, curls, and sleek styles. It comes with a concentrator attachment for aiding in your hair styling needs.
- UNIFORM TEMPERATURE: Constant caring temperature to maintain your hair natural moisture level for shiny and healthy-looking hair
- 2 speed heat setting for desired hair style/look with cool air function
- Gentle drying for everyday styling
- Over-heating protection and concentrator maintains moisture of hair
- In-Built concentrator for desired hair style/look with 2 speed setting with Cord Length: 1.2M
- The design of the big air inlet grill helps increased air flow while the shape and size of the dryer improves the outflow of the air
- Foldable handle makes it travel friendly with Cord Length: 1.2M
- 1 year Brand Warranty , For queries/assistance please contact at [email protected]
VEGA Insta Glam VHDH-20 Hair Dryer Review
The Vega Insta Glam VHDH-20 hair dryer is great for your everyday hair drying and styling. This model has a 1000W power that provides precise airflow for quick and gentle drying. This hair dryer comes with two heat/speed settings to give you the fastest, easiest, and most efficient hair drying.
This Vega hair dryer model is compact and lightweight and comes with a detachable nozzle. It has a safety feature of automatic overheat cut-out to prevent damaging your hair due to high heat. It also has a non-slip grip handle and convenient foldable handle, which makes it easy to store and carry while on the go.
- A 2 years manufacturer warranty
- Quick dry with 1000w
- A 2 heat/speed settings - low and high
- Safety automatic overheat cut-out
- Foldable handle
- Country of origin: China
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Review
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer has built-in Extreme Heat Protection, measures air temperature 20 times a second, and regulates the heat for Natural Shine. In addition, negative ions help to reduce static. The Air Multiplier technology amplifies airflow for fast drying. The focused jet of air helps in controlling and achieving precise styling. The engineering design of this model places the motor in the handle for better balance and easy use. It also has heat shield technology that helps keep the attachments’ surfaces stay cool, even during close-up styling.
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer comes with rotating magnetic attachments. It has three-speed settings and offers four heat settings. The cold shot setting allows you to set your hairstyle comfortably. So you can quickly click them on and off during styling. It has various attachments that come with the model like Smoothing Nozzle, Styling Concentrator, and Diffuser.
- Dyson supersonic has intelligent heat control that prevents hair from extreme heat damage to protect natural shine
- Patented air multiplier technology for faster drying ; Airflow (lps): 41 ; Cord length: 2.8m ; Performance Features: Air Multiplier technology amplifies airflow to produce a controlled, high-velocity jet of air for fast drying
- Negative ions - help reduce static, Designed for fast drying
- 3 precise speed settings - fast drying, regular drying and styling
- 4 precise heat settings - 100°c fast drying and styling, 80°c regular drying, 60°c gentle drying, 28°c constant cold
- 3 Magnetic attachments : Smoothning nozzle, styling concentrator and diffuser
- With heat shield technology, the surfaces of the attachments stay cool. Even during close up styling
Choba 2800 Hair Dryer Review
The Chaoba 2800 Hair Dryer provides you shiny and lustrous hair within minutes. The warm blowing air maintains the sheen of your locks without damaging them. The quick heating hairdryer is easy to use. This model of Hair Dryer is convenient and offers firm gripping to prevent slipping from hands. It has two speeds and three heat settings. The model comes with a long thick cord.
The manufacturer advises consumers not to use Heat Mode for more than 3-5 mins at one go, implying that automatic heat regulation is missing. Further, they also caution users that if the appliance overheats, unplug the appliance and clean the detachable Back filter before using it again. This could be a hassle for some users.
- Artistic Ergonomical Design & Professional Heating Uni. Toggle the button to change between Hot and Cold
- Patented heat shielding technology - Cold nozzle body even after long usage
- Three Heat Setting and Two Speed Setting ; Cord length: 2m
- Detachable Back filter , Technology Used : Ionic Conditioning. Specal Rubber Cable protector for durable cable
- Dont use Heat Mode for more than 3-5 mins at one go, let the hair dryer cool down and you can restart.
Hair Dryer Buying Guide
Top Hair Dryer Brands
When selecting the best hair dryer for styling and grooming your hair, you have many good brands available. Pick and choose from a wide range of national and international brands like Philips, AGARO, Panasonic, Havells, Remington, SYSKA, Wahl, Lifelong, HANA, Nova, CARRERA, Vega, Braun, and much more.
You can safely buy from online stores like Amazon and get superior quality dryers at the best available prices. We frequently update our best hair dryers list and top hairdryer brands to provide you with new reviews to help you buy the best hair dryer available for your needs.
Types of Hair Dryer
There are various types of hair dryers.
Ionic Hair Dryer
Ionic Hairdryers release millions of negative ions to break down the water molecules in your hair as you blow-dry and help evaporate the water faster and dry your hair with lesser heat.
Moreover, the negative ions keep your hair shaft sealed to prevent damage during the drying process.
Ionic dryers are a good option if you use a Hair dryer frequently. However, if you have fine hair, you could end up with over-dried, limp, and damaged hair, so be cautious.
Ceramic Hair Dryer
A ceramic hair dryer is a great option.
In Ceramic Hairdryers, the heating coil wraps around ceramic or china clay. Sometimes, the interior body of the Hair dryer is porcelain.
Ceramic heaters are much faster than the basic nichrome heaters. A 1200 watts ceramic heater is as efficient as a 2200 watts nichrome heating coil.
Ceramic Hairdryers distribute heat evenly as it blows. So the Hair dryer gives you consistent heat throughout your hair without overly drying one area.
Overall, using ceramic inside the Hairdryers aims to produce good heat so that the hair remains shiny and undamaged by the air blowing it.
Tourmaline Hair Dryer
Tourmaline hair dryers are extremely popular and have overwhelming benefits. The tourmaline hair dryers have fillings of crushed tourmaline gemstone in the hair dryers.
Tourmaline is a semi-precious gemstone that emits negative ions and even heat. Negative ions break down positively charged water molecules, just as with ionic Hairdryers.
The technology of using tourmaline helps in making your hair shiny, moisturized, and healthy. These hair dryers are preferable for regular hair drying.
The amount of tourmaline used in Hair dryers differs. However, Tourmaline hair dryers offer quicker drying but are relatively expensive.
Some makers break the mineral down into tiny particles and mold them into the Hair dryer’s internal parts. Others may coat the insides with tourmaline stone particles.
Some premium and upmarket hair dryers may have tourmaline coating on the outer layer of the Hair dryer too.
Titanium Hair Dryer
Titanium hair dryers are lightweight. Some manufacturers claim that Titanium Hair dryers could be 40% lighter than regular ceramic hair dryers.
The titanium also ensures consistency in temperature. High temperature in such a Hairdryer ensures that the air penetrates your hair and dries it off quickly.
Since the dry time is quick, the exposure to heat is less, and as a result, it has a lower risk of hair getting damaged.
Another advantage of titanium hair dryers is that your arm will not get tired while styling your hair. If you have thick hair and it takes a long time to dry, choosing a lightweight titanium hair dryer may be ideal for you.
Retail Hair Dryers vs. Professional Hair Dryers
Hairdryers come in various varieties and categories and cater to the different requirements of the buyer. While a professional high-wattage Hair dryer may be necessary for a Salon, it will be overkill for an individual user.
Professional hair dryers offer higher-quality attachments and come with more heat and speed settings. A professional hairdryer would generally be lighter, more durable, and dry your hair faster with similar features. While the personal use hairdryer will offer features you need on a more economical budget.
You can select a professional or regular hair dryer. However, you should also make sure to have complimentary hair styling products and brushes to give you the hairstyling satisfaction you need.
What features to look for when buying a Hair Dryer
Hair Dryers commonly have two types of motors: AC and DC.
A Hairdryer having a powerful AC motor will provide high airflow and healthy heat. AC Motor hair dryers have a longer life and are more stable and safe than ordinary DC motor dryers. The AC Motor helps dry your hair twice as fast and half the noise as a DC motor.
AC dryers are typically useful in salons as they have powerful airflow that dries hair fast. Compared with DC motor Hairdryers, AC motor ones are heavier thanks to the larger, more powerful motor and extended life.
The power of the Hairdryer provides efficiency to the Hairdryer. Usually, a handheld blower Hair dryer ranges from 1000 watts to 3600 watts. The higher the wattage, the better is the Hair dryer’s efficiency.
Higher wattage hair dryers are pricey, but they reduce your drying time because they are quick.
The Wattage range of Basic hair dryers is 1000 to 1800 watts. These hair dryers are inexpensive compared to professional hair dryers.
Most of the cheaper hair dryers have nichrome metal coil.
High-wattage hair dryers are best suitable for you if you have thick, long, and curly hair.
However, higher temperatures and heat are not suitable for short, flat, and thin hair. They should choose a Hair dryer with lesser wattage.
Hair dryers consist of a heating material called a coil. This heating material is nichrome metal, a mixture of nickel and chrome metals. The nichrome metal doesn’t get oxidized on heating, so this is often a standard heating metal used in toasters and hair dryers.
The heat generated from Metal heating coils is uneven, and this variable hot air can burn your hair at high temperatures.
Unlike the metal Heating Coil dryers, choosing the tourmaline, ceramic, and titanium hair dryers will be better as these Hair dryers give you even heat and make your hair shiny and damage-free.
Heat control settings in a Hair Dryer are a crucial thing to check before you buy one.
As discussed earlier, Hair dryers with high wattage provide you more heat temperature and burn your hair.
Heat control settings allow you to optimize your dryer temperature as per your requirement.
Hairdryers usually offer you three levels of heat settings – high, medium, and low. In contrast, basic hair dryers provide two levels of setting – high and low. Choose whichever suits your requirement best.
The weight of a Hairdryer is vital also. You would love a lightweight model that’s comfortable to carry while you’re styling your hair. Nowadays, Hair dryers are compact and foldable so that you can take them in your bag during travel and use them anytime.
Cool Shot Button
If you like shiny, sleek hair, choose a hairdryer that offers a cool shot button. This button provides you cool air after hair drying and helps bring down the hair’s temperature.
The cool air shot also enables you to seal the cuticle for smooth, shiny hair and locking in your style.
A speed control button will allow you to regulate the airflow as per your need.
Ionic dryers work by shooting negative ions. The negative ions charge the water droplets and are far simpler at scattering them from the hair shaft. The negative ions close the cuticle and remove moisture from the hair, making the finish sleek and polished. It prevents water from soaking in and causing frizz and speeds up drying time considerably.
Most Hair dryers have filters on their back. Any air that gets sucked into the dryer passes through this filter. Cleaning this filter from time to time is essential for the dryer to work smoothly.
Having a long power cord provides the required Flexibility to use the Hair dryer. A high-quality Hair Dryer will have a good quality Power Cord with at least 2.5 meters in length. Many cheaper Hair Dryers may offer longer cords but may use inferior quality cords. Picking up the Hairdryer with a suitable quality cord is advisable for better durability, safety, and ease of use.
Different Hair Dryer Accessories
Hair Dryers come with accessories like diffusers and concentrators, which add functionality to the dryer and are very useful.
Diffuser: Diffusers are among the foremost common attachments; they disperse the dryer’s airflow, keeping the curls’ pattern intact. They also help to chop down on frizz. It’s beneficial if you’ve got curly or wavy hair because it helps keep the feel intact.
Concentrator nozzle: A concentrator nozzle is vital for straightening and de-frizzing. The nozzle allows better control to target the air to flow in the desired area for quick drying. The concentrator nozzle attachment helps in achieving sleek, polished styles without frizzing.
Removable Intake Cap: A filtering system to inhibit the intake of any material in the air that may clog the inlet of a hand-held Hairdryer includes a filter and a fastener, like straps, connected to the filter for positioning the filter over the air inlet of the hairdryer.
Selecting the Best hair dryer for different hair types
Hairdryer for thin and fine hair: Go for a Low Power 1000W or 1200W ceramic type hair dryer as that will not be harsh on you.
Hairdryer for normal hair: You can go for an Ionic type Hairdryer to benefit from good shine and speed. Go for a hairdryer with a Medium Power near 1400W.
Hairdryer for thick hair: Opt for a Tourmaline Hair Dryer but if the hairdryer weight is a concern, go for a Titanium Hair Dryer. Also, since Tourmaline and Titanium are expensive and availability in India may be difficult, you can alternatively go for Ionic Hair Dryers. Pick a hairdryer with a High Power above 1600W and ensure that you have Heat and Speed Settings to play with as per your needs.
Also, opt for one with a Cool Shot button, as it gives you better control over styling your hair.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using a Hair Dryer
Advantages of using a Hair Dryer
Using a Hairdryer offers a lot of advantages. Some of the main ones are:
- Hair dryers save money: No appointment with your hairdresser means no expenses on hair styling options. The time saved is another important factor.
- Hair dryers lighten the hair: A blow of warmth now and then is suitable for your hair. It also keeps your hair smooth and lightweight.
- Decreases Drying Time: Another problem with thick, long hair is the drying time. A Hair dryer evaporates water and moisture faster than usual or conventional methods hence cutting your drying time almost to 3/4th.
- Blow drying is base of grooming: Grooming experts say that treating the hair with heat always makes grooming easy. It lays the groundwork for a few products that shape your hair as long as it’s entirely dry. Employing a hair dryer also helps you reduce time in your grooming routine.
- Suitable for Pets: A Hair dryer is a wonderful and effective aid for quickly drying your pets’ hair, as well.
- Hair dryer offers you multiple uses beyond drying hair: You can demist your bathroom mirror, dry your clothing after a wash, blow-dry your nail paint or toothbrush, and unfreeze your frozen foods faster.
Disadvantages of using a Hair Dryer
Amidst all the advantages and uses, there are some disadvantages of Hair Dryer too. Prolonged and regular use of Hair Dryer can cause several discomforting effects on hair. Here are some Hair Dryer dangers.
- Excessive hair drying weakens hair follicles and causes Hairfall: Daily use of a Hair Dryer can make Hair Follicles fragile. It can induce the pores of the scalp to open. This elevates the risks of hair fall.
- Hair Dryers affect optimum growth of hair: Hair needs moisture for nourishment. The water reaches your scalp while shampooing or showering. Blow-drying right after the shower not only affects the follicle health but takes the minimum moisture needed for a strand for optimum growth.
- Overheating may burn your scalp: Overheating hair may reduce its brightness and negatively affect hair growth.The perfect temperature for hair drying is 45 degrees. Blow-drying your hair without knowledge of proper temperature may burn your scalp.
- Hair Dryers affect hearing: The squealing sound can affect your hearing while you blow-dry your hair for an extended period.
- Hair dryers can increase your stress levels: Hair dryers emanate Electro-Magnetic Frequency (EMF). Excessive use of hair dryers increases the risk of adverse exposure to EMF. This exposure may alter your behavior, cause higher stress levels that can make you more irritable, or deprive you of sleep.
Our top pick for the best hair dryer is Philips BHD006/00 Hair Dryer, a reliable brand with vintage value. Next is AGARO HD-1214 Premium Hair Dryer, a relatively new entrant but very promising, power-packed hair dryer available at the most economical price. Havells HD3201 1500W is also a powerful Hair Dryer that you may consider as per your needs.
So, whether it’s personal use or a professional hair dryer that you want to buy, online stores like Amazon and Flipkart will surely offer the best deals on the Hair Dryer of your choice. With the right hairdryer in your collection, you will be free to explore different hairstyles and get the salon look on your own.
Your hairstyling routine may be incomplete without a proper hair curler. If you are keen, you can also look at our detailed hair curler buying guide.
If you like our article on Top Hair Dryers in India, share it with your friends on social media. Please follow our social profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and our channel on Telegram for the latest updates. Your encouragement will motivate us to bring more and more exciting content for you.
Product details last update on 2021-10-24 at 07:52 / Contains Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API